The Nuremberg State Theater or the Nuremberg State Theater (Staatstheater Nürnberg) is one of the largest diversified theaters in Germany.
The theater building is a complex consisting of old and new parts.
The theater was built on the site of the hospital, from 1901 to 1905 in the Art Nouveau style, designed by architect Heinrich Seeling. Then it was the Nuremberg Opera House (Opernhaus Nürnberg), which was one of the most beautiful opera stages in the country. The theater was opened with Richard Wagner's opera "The Nuremberg Meistersingers".
The building was extensively rebuilt in 1936 and very little remains of the original appearance.
During the Second World War, the theater building was damaged, then it was restored.
In 1959, the theater building was expanded thanks to the addition of the dramatic chamber theater, which became part of the architectural complex of the state theater.
Today, the "old" neoclassical with groups of sculptures and mosaics, and the "new" theater buildings represent a single theater complex.
Today, the theater troupe consists of more than 500 actors from more than 50 countries of the world.
The repertoire of the theater is constantly expanding, opera productions, operettas, ballet, classical music concerts, chamber and children's concerts, as well as some significant city events take place here.
The auditorium of the theater is designed for 1000 people.
The Nuremberg State Theater is located in the city center, near the walls of the Old Town, at the address: Richard-Wagner-Platz 2-10, 90443 Nuremberg.
Coordinates of the Nuremberg State Theater: 49°26'47.0"N 11°04'31.0"E (49.446389, 11.075278).
Website of the Nuremberg State Theater: staatstheater-nuernberg.
All accommodation facilities in Nuremberg, including in the city center and more remotely from it, can be viewed and booked here