Krasnaya Polyana (or rather Esto-Sadok) is the most popular ski center in Russia, which is available all year round.
To begin with, it should be noted that Krasnaya Polyana is a village in which there are no ski (mountain) resorts, as well as cable cars. All ski resorts with lifts, which are year-round and are called mountain resorts, are located in the village of Esto-Sadok. However, for the general definition of resorts, such names are used as: "mountain resorts of Krasnaya Polyana" and "ski resorts of Krasnaya Polyana". Therefore, to visit the resorts of Krasnaya Polyana, it is necessary to go to Esto-Sadok, and not to Krasnaya Polyana itself.
The majority of tourists visiting Krasnaya Polyana (Esto-Sadok) go to mountain resorts, of which there are three in Krasnaya Polyana: Rosa Khutor, Krasnaya Polyana (formerly Gorki Gorod) andGazprom, consisting of the slopes of Laura and Alpika.
Each of the resorts is an independent full-fledged complex, each of which has its own infrastructure: trails and areas for skiing, a network of cable cars, accommodation facilities (hotels, apartments, chalets), as well as parks, hiking trails, museums, places for recreation, entertainment and services, shops and salons, cafes and restaurants.
This article will focus on mountain resorts, the village of Esto-Sadok and the village of Krasnaya Polyany in the summer season: rest, what to do, where to go, what to see, etc.
More information about Krasnaya Polyana in the winter season-recreation, ski slopes, entertainment and what to do can be found here →
Remark! Since many places, entertainment and services are year-round, some of the photos in the article will be winter.
Cable car riding in Krasnaya Polyana in summer
The main entertainment at the resorts in the summer is riding on the cable cars of the resorts, on which you can climb to various resorts of all the mountain resorts of Krasnaya Polyana.
- from Rosa Peak, you can climb (on foot or on the Crocus chairlift + on foot) to the top of the Stone Pillar, located at an altitude of 2509 meters above sea level,
- from Rosa Peak, you can take the Edelweiss chairlift down to the Mendelikha Waterfall Park and walk around the park,
- + there is also a chairlift Wolf Rock, leading to the Rosa Stadium from the Gazebo station;
- Aibga and Black Pyramid chairlifts, which lift guests from the Glade 2200 to the level of +2350 meters, from where you can make a walking ascent to the top of the Black Pyramid, located at an altitude of 2375 meters above sea level. You can climb to the top of the Black Pyramid only on foot with a climbing insurance and in a helmet, which can be purchased here-on the spot (the cost is 500 rubles; for children from 10 to 14 years - 400 rubles, the ascent is only accompanied by adults),
- the Eastern Forest gondola lift, which lifts guests from Glade 960 to the Eastern Sector of the resort at +1000 meters.
In the Eastern Sector, the Champion's Start chairlifts and the Polikar Waterfall are available, where you can climb up to +1370 meters, and then walk along mountain trails to one of the highest and most beautiful waterfalls in Sochi - the Polikar Waterfall;
- Laura slope: gondola cable cars A/A1, A2 and A3 on which you can climb to the station "Mountain shelter "Pikhtovy", which is the highest point of the Laura slope and located at an altitude of 1660 meters above sea level.
- Alpika slope: the cable car K1-K5 on which you can climb to the Shelter Vetrov station, which is the highest point of the slope and is located at an altitude of 2256 meters above sea level.
Each of the resorts of Krasnaya Polyana has its own combinations of walking tickets, the variations of which vary. We recommend checking all the variations and the cost of walking tickets on the official websites of each of the resorts (the sites are listed below in this article).
You can buy walking tickets both at the ticket offices or terminals of each of the resorts, which are located at the lower and second stations of the cable cars, and in advance online - on the websites of each of the resorts. !!! When buying online, the prices for ski passes, walking tickets and some entertainment are usually lower than when buying at the ticket offices or terminals of resorts. At the Gazprom resort, tickets in terminals are cheaper than at the ticket offices and when buying online.
- at Krasnaya Polyana - the lower station of cable cars in Polyana 540 and Polyana 960.
Summer hiking routes in the resorts of Krasnaya Polyana
In summer, hiking trails (ecotropes) run through all the resorts, following which you can climb and descend to all possible peaks of the resorts.
Ecotropes are marked, equipped with places for recreation and are available to everyone for free.
Hiking routes in the resorts have different levels of difficulty: from easy (green) to very difficult (black).
Mountain resorts of Krasnaya Polyana-summer services and entertainment
In addition to climbing to heights on cable cars and hiking routes, each of the resorts of Krasnaya Polyana in the summer season offers its guests entertainment and services that are located at different heights of each of the resorts.
The resorts of Rosa Khutor and Krasnaya Polyana have beaches on the Black Sea, located in the Imereti resort: Adler, Imereti lowland. There are transfers from the resorts to the beaches and back.
The Rosa Khutor mountain resort is located on the slopes (north and south) of the Aibga ridge.
Summer at Rosa Khutor available: viewing platforms at different heights, entertainment rodelban, summer tubing, trampoline arena, a summer rock climbing, Cycling, Alpine swing set, a fun suspension bridge, helicopter tours, paragliding, high rope adventure Park "Yeti Park", the husky farm, deer farm and ethno-farm "Shishin yard."
Krasnaya Polyana (Gorki Gorod)
The mountain resort Krasnaya Polyana is located in the foothills of the Main Caucasian Ridge, the Aibga ridge.
Summer in Krasnaya Polyana available: viewing platforms at different heights, tours on Quad bikes, buggies and bicycles, hot air ballooning and paragliding, Alpine swing, megazipline, a suspension bridge over the abyss, summer tubing, rope adventure Park, bike Park, the husky center, reindeer farm, archery, adventure Park Wonder Land, mountain Bani "4 elements", and a Spa complex.
There are also cafes and restaurants, living areas (hotels and apartments), shops and salons, a spa center and various services.
At an altitude of +2050 meters, there is an equipped tourist tent camp (the Million Stars hotel), which is open to everyone during the summer season. On site: 15 tents on wooden platforms with a capacity from 1 to 3 persons, equipped with sleeping bags with liners and mats; additional pad wooden deck for guests with their equipment; an equipped kitchen with heated water boiler and fridge; table games; a wi-fi area; 220 V; drinking water; well-maintained toilet 150 metres from the camp. More about Krasnaya Polyana resort in summer…
- the "Alpika" slope, located in a picturesque place - on the slopes of the Aibga ridge at altitudes from 550 to 2256 meters above sea level.
In summer, thereare viewing platforms at various heights on the Laura slope, excursions on quad bikes, buggies and bicycles, horseback riding, a rodleban, a husky park, a deer farm, summer tubing, an exhibition of mining equipment, Green Glade and Ice Age parks.
There are also cafes and restaurants, living areas (hotels and apartments), shops and salons, a spa center and various services. More about the Laura slope…
On the slopes of Krasnaya Polyana in summer available: lookout, cafes and restaurants for some of the heights, the Alpine sauna with panoramic Windows - #NotJustBathhouse, paragliding, sliding center "Sanki", which are available extreme-attraction - summer ride on the shells (on wheels) and you can also visit the bobsled and Luge complex without a ride on the attraction. Learn more about the Alpika slope…
Visiting the resorts of Krasnaya Polyana in summer
The opening and closing dates of the seasons are determined by the administrations of each of the resorts of Krasnaya Polyana individually, depending on weather conditions. Also, the administrations can determine the dates and terms of routine maintenance. Information about determining the start and end dates of the seasons is posted on the official websites of resorts.
Lifts and entertainment (one or the other, or all) may be closed due to weather conditions. We recommend that you check the information before visiting the official websites of the resorts in real time (you can download the mobile application of each of the resorts).
All resorts have lower stations of cable cars, which are located in the village of Esto-Sadok, close to each other (walking distance of one resort from another).
To visit the resorts, you need to buy separate tickets for each of the resorts.
- website of the Gazprom Mountain and Tourist Center (Laura and Alpika slopes): polyanaski.
Esto-Sadok in summer
Esto-Sadok is located in a mountainous area, on both banks of the Mzymta River.
The terrain is mostly mountainous with pronounced fluctuations in mountain heights. The average heights directly on the territory of the village are about 698 meters above sea level.
Estosadok and all its main objects are concentrated along the Mzymta River, on a plot of about 7 kilometers, on which there are: pedestrian and driveway roads, parking lots and public bus stops, well-maintained embankments, residential buildings and hotels, shops and salons, cafes and restaurants, baths and spa complexes, as well as parks, recreation areas, playgrounds, museums, fairs and some entertainment. Learn more about Esto-Sadka…
- 540 Polyana Krasnaya Polyana, where: shopping and entertainment center "Gorki Mall" with a water Park and a major supermarket, Park seasons with a Seating area and a skate Park, a small ropes course and climbing wall, children's and sports grounds, trade fair with children's carousel, the casino Sochi, museum of Friends, concert and entertainment venue "WOW arena" and the house-Museum of A. H. Tammsaare. Learn more about Polyana 540…
Nearby are: the ruins of the Achipse fortress, the Pyramid complex, the old Estonian road along which you can walk or bike to the village of Krasnaya Polyana, the Laura aviary complex of the Caucasian Natural Biosphere Reserve;
- Rose Valley resort Rosa Khutor, where: fairs, club-casino "Bumerang", karting, children's playgrounds, children's rope Park "FunГрад", a Spa bath complex, the area of rose hall, mini beach "Rosa Beach" with a Seating area and lake with mountain water, trolls - ferry "Flight of the eagle", a health trail, observation deck, Park, Museum of Archaeology, ethno-Park "My Russia" and the multifunctional concert complex Rosa Hall. Rafting on inflatable kayaks on the Mzymta River is possible. More about Rosa Dolina…
Krasnaya Polyana village in summer
The village of Krasnaya Polyana is located about 5 kilometers from Esto-Sadok.
In Krasnaya Polyana there are no entertainment, clubs, large shopping centers and an abundance of cafes and restaurants.
Krasnaya Polyana is a quiet mountain place with low-rise buildings, which is not bad for a secluded holiday and leisurely walks around the village and the surrounding area.
In Krasnaya Polyana there are several supermarkets, shops, cafes and accommodation facilities, as well as a small park, a couple of attractions and numerous bath complexes. Hiking trails around the village are available. Learn more about Krasnaya Polyana…
Where to stay in the resorts of Krasnaya Polyana and Esto-Sadka
Each of the mountain resorts (Krasnaya Polyana, Rosa Khutor and Gazprom) has two levels, in which all accommodation facilities are located-hotels, chalets and apartments.
The first levels of resorts (lower), which are located directly in the village of Esto-Sadok, and where the most accommodation facilities are located.
- at the Gazprom resort, the second level is available on the Laura slope - this is the "Psekhako Mountain Shelter" (Green Glade), located at an altitude of 1440 meters above sea level. There is one resort hotel on Psekhako - the 4-star hotel and spa "Polyana 1389". You can get to the height of Psehako by the A/A1 gondola cable car, as well as by car. On the slope of the Alpika of the Gazprom resort, there are no accommodation facilities at heights.
For everyone who stays in the accommodation facilities on the second levels of the resorts, free unlimited access is provided to the cable cars of a particular resort (depending on which resort you are staying in), which lift and lower guests to the lower levels of the resorts; transfers also run. That is, if you live in the Mountain Olympic Village of the Rosa Khutor resort, then you use the Olympia cable car for free; if on the Psehako of the Gazprom resort, then the A/A1 cable car; if in the Glade 960 of the Krasnaya Polyana resort, then, respectively, the K-1 cable car.
All accommodation facilities in Esto-Sadok (on the first and second levels of the resorts) can be viewed and booked here
How to get to Esto-Sadok, Krasnaya Polyana and mountain resorts
The nearest airport to the resorts of Krasnaya Polyana (Esto-Sadok) is located in the city of Sochi (Adler), 43 kilometers from Estosadka. Flights to Sochi (Adler) →
The fastest and most convenient way to get from Sochi airport to any of the resorts of Krasnaya Polyana (Esto-Sadka) is a taxi. You can order a taxi / transfer in advance, even from home. At any time of the day, at the airport, a driver will be waiting for you with a sign where your first and last name will be written. To order a taxi is enough to inform your flight details.
If you come by car, you can leave it on the territory of Krasnaya Polyana (there are paid and free parking lots) and in Esto-Sadka, near the lower stations of the cable cars of the resorts. There are also parking spaces on the territory of the second heights of the resorts (parking is paid).
More information about how to get to the village of Krasnaya Polyana, all the mountain resorts of Krasnaya Polyana and Esto-Sadok can be found here →