This article contains a detailed step-by-step instruction "How to visit Krasnaya Polyana on your own", in which, during a step-by-step description, several important questions will be answered: where to go in Krasnaya Polyana, which of the mountain resorts to choose, which cable car to ride, how to get there, where to stay, etc.
Independently to Krasnaya Polyana - complete step-by-step instructions
1. First you need to decide where exactly in Krasnaya Polyana to go to all those who want to visit its mountain (ski) resorts.
The fact is that Krasnaya Polyana is a village where there are no ski (mountain) resorts, as well as cable cars. All ski resorts with lifts, which are year-round and are called mountain resorts, are located in the village Esto-Sadok. However, for the general definition of resorts, such names are used as: "mountain resorts of Krasnaya Polyana" and "ski resorts of Krasnaya Polyana".
The distance from Krasnaya Polyana to Esto-sadka is about 5 kilometers. Therefore, to visit the resorts of Krasnaya Polyana, it is necessary to go to Esto-Sadok, and not to the village of Krasnaya Polyana itself.
2. You need to know how many mountain resorts there are in Krasnaya Polyana!
In Krasnaya Polyana (Esto-Sadka) there are three mountain resorts, which are independent full-fledged complexes, each of which has its own infrastructure: trails and areas for skiing, a network of cable cars, accommodation facilities (hotels, apartments, chalets), as well as parks, museums, places for recreation, winter and summer entertainment and services, shops and salons, cafes and restaurants.
3. Decide on the purpose of visiting Krasnaya Polyana: decide how much to go to Krasnaya Polyana, and, if necessary, choose one of the mountain resorts!
A small digression! All resorts have lower stations of cable cars, which are located in the village of Esto-Sadok, close to each other (walking distance of one resort from another). Also, each of the resorts is not connected with other resorts, so to visit the resorts you need to move around the Esto-Sadok (on foot, by bus, by car or by taxi - the choice is personal).
When solving this issue, the main determining factors will be such facts as-which cable car you want to ride; and, if you are a skier or snowboarder, then-which routes each of the resorts has. Since you can fully visit only one resort in 1 day.
- on Rosa Khutor: year-round is a lift on gondola cable cars "Olympia", "Zapovedniy les" and "Kavkazskiy express" up to the mark Rose Peak at an altitude of 2320 meters, where there is an observation deck and a restaurant. In the summer season + ascent to the top of the Stone Pillar, located at an altitude of 2509 meters above sea level; and descent to the park of waterfalls "Mendelikha",
- on Krasnaya Polyana: year - round-ascent on the gondola cable cars "Krasnaya Polyana" (K-1), "Relict Forest" (K-2) and "Vertex" (K-3) up to height "Polyana 2200", where there is a panoramic observation deck and a panoramic restaurant with a viewing terrace. In summer + climb to the top of the Black Pyramid, located at an altitude of 2375 meters above sea level; climb to the eastern sector of the resort and to one of the highest and most beautiful waterfalls in Sochi - Polikar waterfall;
- the longest cable car of Krasnaya Polyana is the A3(3S)gondola lift, which connects the slopes of Laura and Alpika of the Gazprom resort;
- at the Gazprom resort on the Alpika slope there are cable cars K1-K5, which connect the lower station of the Alpika cable cars with the Shelter of the Winds station, which is the highest point of the slope and is located at an altitude of 2256 meters above sea level;
- on the Laura clone of Gazprom, cable cars connect the lower station with the Mountain Shelter Pikhtovy Station, which is the highest point of the Laura slope and is located at an altitude of 1660 meters above sea level. There are no particularly picturesque viewing platforms on Laura, but there are three-dimensional platforms between the stations where you can walk and enjoy the fir forest of the ridge.
All conditions are provided for skiers and snowboarders at the resorts. At various heights there are ticket offices, luggage storage, medical centers, cafes and restaurants, instructor services and ski equipment rental.
All resorts have trails of all levels of difficulty, ranging from light (green) to very difficult (black) trails. There are also educational and children's slopes; trails with artificial snow and lighting, suitable for evening skiing.
The resorts of Rosa Khutor and Krasnaya Polyana have snow parks, flight zones and freeride trails.
There are two Olympic slopes on Rosa Khutor.
There is a ski and biathlon complex on the Laura Gazprom slope, where you can go cross-country skiing.
4. How to get to the resorts of Krasnaya Polyana!
The nearest airport to the resorts of Krasnaya Polyana (Esto-Sadok) is located in the city of Sochi (Adler), 43 kilometers from Estosadka. Flights to Sochi (Adler) →
The fastest and most convenient way to get from Sochi airport to any of the resorts of Krasnaya Polyana (Esto-Sadka) is a taxi. You can order a taxi / transfer in advance, even from home. At any time of the day, at the airport, a driver will be waiting for you with a sign where your first and last name will be written. To order a taxi is enough to inform your flight details.
If you come by car, you can leave it in Krasnaya Polyana, Esto-Sadka and near the lower stations of the cable cars of mountain resorts. There are also parking spaces on the territory of the second heights of the resorts (parking is paid).
Trains and electric trains Lastochka
High-speed electric trains Lastochka and suburban trains run daily to Esto-Sadok from Rostov-on-Don, Krasnodar, Sochi, Khosta, Adler, the airport and the Olympic Park (Imereti Resort).
A direct train "Grand" runs from Moscow to Estosadok.
You can also get to the Estosadka by train with transfers in Sochi or Adler. Direct trains to Sochi (Adler) come from many parts of Russia: Moscow, St. Petersburg, Perm, Yekaterinburg, Kazan, Ufa, Kaliningrad, etc.
view and buy tickets here →
More information about how to get to all the mountain resorts of Krasnaya Polyana (Esto-Sadok) can be found here →
Excursions from Sochi to the Rosa Khutor resort
Excursions to Krasnaya Polyana from Sochi
Excursions to Krasnaya Polyana from Adler and Imereti resort
5. If you go for a few days, where to live!
Each of the mountain resorts (Krasnaya Polyana, Rosa Khutor and Gazprom) has two levels, in which all accommodation facilities are located-hotels, chalets and apartments.
- at the Gazprom resort, the second level is available on the Laura slope - this is the "Psekhako Mountain Shelter "(Green Glade), located at an altitude of 1440 meters above sea level. There is one resort hotel on Psekhako - the 4-star hotel and spa "Polyana 1389". You can get to the height of Psehako by the A/A1 gondola cable car, as well as by car. On the slope of the Alpika of the Gazprom resort, there are no accommodation facilities at heights.
It is better to stay at the second levels of the resorts for those guests who want to immediately plunge into the epicenter of "mountain life" after leaving the hotel, and skiers and snowboarders get the opportunity, after leaving the hotel, to be directly at the ski slopes and lifts (ski-in / ski-out).
Also, for everyone who stays in the accommodation facilities on the second levels of the resorts, free unlimited access is provided to the cable cars of a particular resort (depending on which resort you are staying in), which lift and lower guests to the lower levels of the resorts; transfers also run. That is, if you live in the Mountain Olympic Village of the Rosa Khutor resort, then you use the Olympia cable car for free; if on the Psehako of the Gazprom resort, then the A/A1 cable car; if in the Glade 960 of the Krasnaya Polyana resort, then, respectively, the K-1 cable car.
All accommodation facilities in Esto-Sadok (on the first and second levels of the resorts) can be viewed and booked here
You can book your own accommodation in the village of Krasnaya Polyanaitself .
The main reason why most tourists stay in the village of Krasnaya Polyana is the price tag for accommodation facilities.
As a rule, hotels and apartments (apartments with all amenities) in Krasnaya Polyana are cheaper than in Esto-Sadka. But you will have to get from Krasnaya Polyana to Esto-Sadok and to the mountain resorts by public buses, car or taxi.
Some hotels organize a daily free shuttle service for their guests in the morning (there) and in the evening (back) to the ski lifts of the ski resorts. For example, these are such hotels as: the 3-star Bridge Mountain Krasnaya Polyana Hotel, the 3-star Olympia Hotel and the Tukan Hotel.
All accommodation facilities in the village of Krasnaya Polyana can be viewed and booked here
6. How to find out the cost and where to buy tickets to the resorts of Krasnaya Polyana!
Each of the resorts of Krasnaya Polyana has its own ski passes and walking tickets, the variations of which vary from season to season. We recommend checking all the variations and the cost of ski passes and walking tickets on the official websites of each of the resorts (the sites are listed at the end of this article).
You can buy ski passes and walking tickets both at the ticket offices or terminals of each of the resorts, which are located at the lower and second stations of the cable cars, and in advance online - on the websites of each of the resorts. !!! When buying online, the prices for ski passes, walking tickets and some entertainment are usually lower than when buying at the ticket offices or terminals of resorts. At the Gazprom resort, tickets in terminals are cheaper than at the ticket offices and when buying online.
A single ski pass for all resorts of Krasnaya Polyana can be purchased at the ticket offices of ski complexes.
- Gazprom has the Laura slope-this is the lower station of the Laura cable cars and the Psekhako station, at the Alpika slope - the lower station of the Alpika cable cars.
7. When to go to the resorts of Krasnaya Polyana!
The best time to visit the mountain resorts of Krasnaya Polyana as ski resorts is from December to March (April). Sometimes the season starts in November and ends in May (June). But there are also rains at the height of the season, then the snow lies only on the upper slopes of the slopes of the resorts. The longest ski season, as a rule, is at the Krasnaya Polyana resort.
The summer season starts somewhere from June (May) and lasts until October.
The opening and closing dates of the seasons are determined by the administrations of each of the resorts of Krasnaya Polyana individually, depending on weather conditions, and in the winter season, the level of snow cover. Also, the administrations can determine the dates and terms of routine maintenance. Information about determining the start and end dates of the seasons is posted on the official websites of resorts.
Attention! During the seasons, lifts, entertainment at resorts and trails in the winter season (one or another, or all) may be closed due to weather conditions. We recommend that you check the information before visiting the official websites of the resorts in real time (you can download the mobile application of each of the resorts).
8. Where to find true information about the resorts of Krasnaya Polyana!
I always recommend all up-to-date information about resorts, including trails and skating areas, cable cars and entertainment, tickets and their cost, services, etc., only on official websites.
Each of the resorts of Krasnaya Polyana has its own official website.
Website of the Rosa Khutor mountain resort: discoverrosa.
Website of the mountain resort Krasnaya Polyana: krasnayapolyanaresort.
Website of the Gazprom Mountain and Tourist Center (Laura and Alpika slopes): polyanaski.