Mountain shelter "Pikhtovy" is one of the stations of the Gazprom mountain and tourist center of the Laura slope in Krasnaya Polyana (Esto-Sadok).
The Fir shelter is located at an altitude of 1660 meters above sea level and is the highest station of the Laura slope, which is accessible to everyone both in winter and in summer.
At the station there are: ski slopes and an instructor service, observation points and a restaurant.
The name "Pikhtovy" is due to the fact that the Laura slope is located on the southern side, surrounded by coniferous forests.
Trails of the Pikhtovy Shelter
Ski slopes of the Pikhtovy shelter:
- light (green) I (rope lift);
- medium difficulty (blue) H (chairlift).
In the lower reaches of Route H, at an altitude of 1550 meters above sea level, there are two theme parks-Husky Park andDeer farm.
In summer (everyone) and in winter (only by ski passes), you can go down to the parks by the H lift;
View of the lower reaches of the cable car N
- complex (red) G (chairlift);
- children's ski club "Morozko" and a children's training slope.
Other infrastructure of the Pikhtovy shelter
At the station "Mountain shelter "Pikhtovy" there are: a restaurant, toilets, an instructor service, an outdoor area and a summer rodelban near the highway H.
In winter + transfer by snowmobile to the Deer Farm (Husky Park) and back; a walk on a snowmobile, during which guests will learn and see how the snow compaction machine works, how the slopes are prepared on the slopes, how the snow is "wrapped" during the journey, etc. The route of the trip is from the mountain shelter Fir to the lower reaches of route H and back.
You can also buy a combined snowmobile + ratrak ticket and drive to the Deer Farm and Husky Park and back.
In summer, tourist trails to the Caucasian Biosphere Reserve - Bear Gate, Bzerpinsky Cornice, Semyozerye (Dzitaku Valley), the Cold camp begin from the Fir Shelter.
Viewsfrom the Fir shelter
At the shelter Fir station there is an exit to the cable cars with gondola closed cabins:
- A2, connecting the Fir Shelter with the Psekhako Mountain Shelter station, located at an altitude of 1440 meters above sea level. Learn more about the Psekhako Shelter…
- A3 (3S), which connects the Fir shelter with the lower station of the Alpika slope and is the longest cable car of its kind in the world according to the Doppelmayer company.
You can get to the Mountain shelter "Pikhtovy":
- from the lower station of the cable cars "Laura" first on by cable car A/A1 going up to the Psehako shelter, and then changing to the A2 cable car and climbing up to the Fir shelter. Ascent and descent on the cable cars is possible with ski passes and walking tickets;
- from the lower station of the Alpika cable cars (next to the Rosa Khutor railway station), taking the A3 cable car to the Fir shelter. Ascent and descent is possible with ski passes and walking tickets.
If you arrive by car, you can leave it at the lower station of the cable cars "Laura". There are also parking spaces on the Psekhako plateau: a small parking lot at the shelter itself and at the Laura ski and biathlon complex. Travel along the mountain serpentine on the Psekhako plateau is paid -payment is about PKK5. Car rental in Sochi (all places) →
The A/A1, A2 and A3 cable cars operate all year round.
Ski passes and walking tickets
In winter, there are ski passes from midday and evening to multi-day ones.
In winter and summer, you can buy sightseeing tours (walking tickets) on the cable cars " Laura "(A/A1, A2 and A3), "Alpika" (K1-K5) or "Laura + Alpika".
The cost of ski passes and walking tours varies from season to season. Therefore, we recommend that you check all the information about the current ski passes and sightseeing tours, as well as the exact conditions for using tickets and their cost, on the official website of the Gazprom mining and Tourism Center.
The website of the Gazprom mining and tourist Center: polyanaski.
More information about how to get to all the ski resorts of Krasnaya Polyana (Esto-Sadka), including the slopes "Laura" and "Alpika", can be found here →
All accommodation facilities in Estosadka (Krasnaya Polyana), including near the slopes of the Gazprom ski resort and more remotely from them, can be viewed and booked here