Zelenogradsk is a small resort town located on the coast of the Baltic sea, 33 kilometers from the center of Kaliningrad.
In the summer of Zelenogradsk is becoming one of the most popular places in the Kaliningrad region for recreation among the locals and among tourists.
The beach of Zelenogradsk. The promenade of Zelenogradsk
The beaches of Zelenogradsk last practically a single strip along the entire coast of the city, representing the long beach area.
Along the beaches, above the sea, lies Zelenograd promenade (the embankment in Zelenogradsk). Seaside promenade in Zelenogradsk is one of the best places in the city for walking and relaxing.
A large part of the beach of Zelenogradsk sand, sometimes sand mixed with pebbles. The sand is light in color and pleasant to the touch. On the beach found natural and small household trash.
In high season from 10:00 am to 18:00 o'clock in the evening on the beaches lifeguards. And on the seafront: changing rooms, paid toilets, places for recreation, children's and sports playgrounds, Bicycle path, cafes and kiosks c drinks and food.
The average temperature of the sea water + 17 - +19 degrees, but in hot years happen, warms better. So in 2012, and 2018 the water temperature off the coast of the Kaliningrad region up to the marks +21 - +22 degrees.
Sunset in shallow sea, the bottom is mainly sandy, gradual depth. Installed in the water breakwaters.
Conventionally, the beach of Zelenogradsk can be divided into Eastern and Western parts.
For a benchmark, take the well-room "Queen Louise" with artesian mineral water, produced with a 240-meter depth.
Near the well-room, in the marine water takes the pleasure pier.
Near the pier, on the West and East sides, the beach strip is quite narrow, while the mighty waves of the beaches in this part of the coast may not stay.
The East coast from the pier
The beaches on the Eastern side the coast is predominantly narrower than the West coast beaches from the pier, but the boardwalk is wider and more travel.
Photo of the East coast and boardwalk
The Area Of The "Roza Vetrov". In the square concerts and evening entertainment. And near the square there is a children's playground and a rental of velomobiles.
The Sculpture "Mermaid"
Near City Park, a wide promenade gives way to a slim wooden, but the beach becomes wider.
Next, the boardwalk ends and the beach continues. Here on the beach equipped for beach volleyball, there is an item of water sports.
The West coast from the pier
To the West of the pier stretches the beach. At first she narrow. Above the line this part of the beach is a wide promenade, on which: places for recreation, sports and playgrounds, cafes and restaurants.
Granite sculpture "Baltic Grey seal" installed in 2013. Baltic grey seal is under threat of extinction, listed in the red book of international Union for conservation of nature, Russia and the Baltic region. The repeated outputs of seals on a beach of Zelenogradsk (former Kranz) refers to the pre-war and modern history of the city. So in 2012, the seal spent a few weeks on the beach in Zelenogradsk.
The West coast boardwalk is already located in the zone of vegetation, and the tourism infrastructure on this stretch of the waterfront are minimized.
Promenade are equipped with ramps to the beach
Below the promenade is wide and spacious beach strip. This part of the beach of Zelenogradsk is famous among locals and visitors alike.
Thus, the Western part of the coast of Zelenogradsk stretches out of the city, where he met with the coast of the village of Malinovka.
Where to stay near the beach in Zelenogradsk
The Western part of the beach:
- The 3-star Zolotaya Milya. It offers a shared lounge, a bar, free Wi-Fi, a tour Desk and a restaurant. The rooms have a Desk, a wardrobe, a flat-screen TV, a refrigerator and a balcony. Room rates include Breakfast.
- 3-star hotel Apriori. Rooms feature air conditioning, a TV with satellite channels and a private bathroom. In the room price included a continental Breakfast which is served in a café with panoramic sea views.
- White Wave apartment with a terrace, free Wi-Fi and a bar. The Windows offer views of the sea. Each air-conditioned apartment has 1 bedroom, a flat-screen cable TV, a kitchen and a bathroom with a bidet.
The Eastern part of the beach:
- 3-star hotel Sambia with indoor pool, sauna, children's Playground, a restaurant with sea views and a fitness centre with a gym. Some rooms have a balcony with views of the sea.
- 3-star guest house "20 Meridian" with bar and restaurant. All rooms with sea view have a private bathroom and a refrigerator. Every morning a continental Breakfast.
- 3-star hotel Princess ELISA. The rooms feature air conditioning, a kitchenette and a balcony. Bathrooms include bathrobes, Slippers and free toiletries.
- 2-star apart-hotel Exclusive with sea views and free Wi-Fi. Some rooms have a kitchen with a microwave and a refrigerator.
- apartments on the beach. It offers barbecue facilities, a garden and a terrace, and a balcony. This apartment features 1 bedroom and a flat-screen cable TV.
- apartment "the Captain". Featuring free Wi-Fi, a fully equipped kitchenette with a microwave, a refrigerator, a stove and a kettle.
All accommodation in Zelenogradsk you can view and book here.