Sightseeing buses in Istanbul - tourist buses plying around Istanbul for the purpose of visiting main attractions one of the most diverse and popular tourist destinations in the world.
You can explore Istanbul both by independently moving around the city and (or) visiting excursions, and by taking an excursion tour on buses operating on the principle of "Hop-On Hop-Off" ("entered-exited"), which makes it possible to get off the bus, walk with sightseeing and sightseeing, and enter any of the following buses.
Having made a tour on this bus, you will see and, if you wish, you can visit the brightest and most famous sights of Istanbul - a city that is the meeting place of Europe and Asia, the capital of Empires with a rich centuries-old history and heritage.
In Istanbul, city tours on Hop-on hop-off buses are conducted by Busforus.
Excursion buses are double-decker, where the second floor is an open upper platform without a roof.
Route and stops
The company offers a route marked with two colors: red in one direction, blue in the other, with stops in both the European and Asian parts of the city.
The following stops are provided on the excursion route
1. Sultanahmet is the central historical part of the city. Near remarkable: Sultanahmet Square (Hippodrome Square), Ibrahim Pasha Palace (Museum of Turkish and Islamic Art), Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Basilica Cistern, Arasta Bazaar, Great Palace Mosaic Museum, Topkapi Palace and Theodosius Cistern
4. Port of Galata (Galataport). Nearby is the Istanbul Museum of Modern Art
5. Dolmabahce Palace (Dolmabahçe Palace). Remarkable nearby: Dolmabahce Palace, Dolmabahce Clock Tower, Dolmabahce Mosque and Macka Park
6. Istanbul Naval Museum
7. Beylerbeyi Palace. Remarkable nearby: Beylerbeyi Palace, Bosphorus embankment and historical streets.
8. Bazaar Besiktas (Beşiktaş Bazaar). Near remarkable: Besiktas Grand Bazaar, Yildiz Park and Palace
10. Shishkhane (Şişhane)
12. Sultanahmet - return to the original stop
Map-scheme of the bus route and stops
You can get on and off the bus as many times as you want within 24 hours at 12 stops.
Buses depart every weekday at 10:00 from Sultanahmet Square and run every hour until 17:00. The final stop of the buses is also the Sultanahmet stop.
Tickets and services during bus tours
During sightseeing tours, guests are accompanied by an audio guide on buses. Audio guides are available in many languages: Turkish, English, French, German, Russian, Spanish, Persian, Arabic. Individual headphones are issued upon boarding the bus.
The buses provide free internet access.
Tickets for sightseeing buses can be purchased on the company's website or at points of sale in Istanbul. Children under 8 years old - free of charge.
Attention! The route and stops, as well as the conditions of the tours may change, we recommend that you check the information before buying.
Istanbul tour bus company website: busforus.istanbul.
Also, tickets can be purchased from a partner company, which has both bus tours and tours + a cruise along the Bosphorus, a walking tour and excursions to some of the palaces of Istanbul. View and book tours here →
All accommodation facilities in Istanbul, including those in the historical center of the city, near the waters of the Bosphorus and more remotely from such, can view and book here