Cooperation: info@life-globe.com
Search Blog
Car Hire – Search, Compare & Booking → Compare 500 companies at over 10,000 locations. Best price guaranteed

Victory park, Kaliningrad

Victory Park, the full name of the 55th Anniversary of Victory Park - green Zone, is one of the parks located in the center of Kaliningrad.

The park is located between Gvardeysky Avenue, Field Marshal Rumyantsev Street (formerly Gornaya Street) and General Butkov Street (Marshal Baghramyan Street and the Right Embankment).

Victory Park was founded by veterans of the Great Patriotic War on May 8, 2000, in honor of the 55th anniversary of Victory. Now the park is an open-air memorial complex.

In the park, in honor of its foundation and opening, a memorial stone was laid, a plaque on which reads: "The 55th anniversary of Victory Park was laid by veterans of the Great Patriotic War on May 8, 2000… The feat of the Soviet soldier is great. His memory is eternal."

On the territory of the park there are alleys and paths for walking, benches for recreation are installed, there is a pond over which bridges are thrown.

Victory Park Attractions

The Wall of Glory, on which the memory of the formations and units that took part in the East Prussian operation and the storming of Konigsberg is immortalized.

The tree planted by the participants of the "Literary Express Europe-2000", writers of 43 European countries on June 24, 2000.

The Alley of Memory dedicated to the border guards who died defending the border of the Fatherland. Trees are planted along the alley, each of which is dedicated to the memory of the deceased border guard.

Monument to border guards of all generations, which is an obelisk in the form of border posts, at the top of which are: the coat of arms of the Soviet Union and the coat of arms of Russia. Bas - reliefs with inscriptions are installed on both sides of the boundary pillars:

The mass grave of Soviet soldiers who died during the storming of the fortress city of Konigsberg in April 1945, formed during the fighting. Grave graves were later used to bury soldiers who died of wounds, and reburials from single graves were also carried out. The monument was erected in 1948.

The mass grave is a historical monument of regional significance, subject to state protection and is a small square in the center of which there is an obelisk made of black granite, on which the epitaph is carved: "Eternal glory to the heroes who fell in the battles for our Soviet homeland. Soldiers of the Soviet Army who died the death of the brave during the storming of the city and fortress of Konigsberg in April 1945 are buried here." On both sides of the obelisk there are two tombstones with memorial slabs.

The monument is a memorial to the "Soldiers of the Scouts", erected in honor of the heroic feat of Soviet scouts committed during the preparation and conduct of the East Prussian Offensive operation of 1944-1945, as well as during local wars and armed conflicts of the post-war period. Installed on May 7, 2013. It was created on the initiative of the Union of Veterans of Military Intelligence and the Association of Veterans of Special Forces and Special Forces "Alfa-Vimpel-SBP".

From the side of the Guards Avenue, a monument to 1200 Guards with a high monument and eternal flame in the center adjoins Victory Park - a mass grave and a monument to the soldiers of the 11th Guards Army who died during the assault on Konigsberg, solemnly opened on September 30, 1945.

On the side of the Guards Avenue there is a historical monument Railway Gate - one of the seven surviving city gates of Konigsberg. Learn more about the Railway Gates in Kaliningrad...

At the intersection of Guards Avenue and General Field Marshal Rumyantsev Street, the Victory Park is adjacent to the Ausfaler Gate - one of the seven surviving city gates of Konigsberg. In 1993-95, the Orthodox chapel of St. George the Victorious was built on the upper platform of the Ausfalian Gate, intended for combat. Learn more about the Ausfaler Gate in Kaliningrad...

In the immediate vicinity of Victory Park are:

- the reduit of the "Astronomical" bastion is a historical monument, now representing the remains of the Sternwarte bastion, once used for defensive purposes, built during the construction of the Second Roller Ring of Konigsberg in 1856-1860. Learn more about the Astronomical Bastion in Kaliningrad...

- a small square with a monumental monument to the heroes of the First World War, established by the Russian Military Historical Society in the year of the centenary since the beginning of the First World War. The monument was opened in 2014;

- memorial stone to Field Marshal P.A. Rumyantsev.

Useful for trips / travel

Hello reader!

It's a little awkward to ask, but we need your help. We are non-profit and we do not have regular income. We depend on orders and donations exclusively from readers, that is, from you. If you make an order through our site or donate as much as you can, this site will be filled with useful information for you. Thank.

Donate now →
Leave a review ↓
Nobody has left any reviews.