Laourou Beach, also known as the beach Corallia is a beach town located in the municipality of Peyia, 13 kilometres North along the coast from the centre of Kato Paphos.
Beach Corallia, together with the adjacent Coral Bay beach, is part of the popular resort area of Coral Bay.
The Laourou beach is one of the best beaches of the area of Paphos. Also included in the Tops of the best beaches on the West coast of Cyprus for a holiday with children.
Beach Laourou framing a Bay with an elongated shape. On the North side of the beach covers the Cape, behind which is the Coral Bay beach. Read more about coral Bay beach...
But at the Cape there is the Museum of the Mycenaean Colonization of Cyprus Maa - Palaiokastro. The Museum is open for visits from Monday to Friday from 08:30 to 16:00 hours.
On the beach Laourou mostly fine and pleasant to touch the sand. Its color is from yellow to gray. The beach is cleaned regularly. However on the beach you can see the natural debris (algae) and found small household (cigarette butts, bottle caps).
Sunset in the sea is sandy and shallow, depth does not occur immediately, making this beach a good place to stay with young children.
From the South-East side of the beach Laourou is a 5-star Coral Beach Hotel & Resort Cyprus with direct beach access and a landscaped area, through which passes a small embankment.
Photo site and the waterfront
Part of the beach near the hotel
Here, near the hotel there is a small dock, stone seawall and the Agency of water sports, where you can buy island tours, book a private cruise as well as activities such as banana boating, tablet, deep sea fishing, etc.
The breakwater and the views from his views
Opposite tour agencies is a restaurant with outdoor terrace and sea views
For tour Desk, unextended part of the beach unpresentable appearance, it's probably technical, here is a large grey sand mixed with pebbles and household waste.
Further along the coast there is another café. Lower level café rocky shore and trail.
Behind the cafe begins, and stretches to the North-Western tip of Laourou beach, the most developed, well-maintained and, perhaps, the most beautiful part of the beach. Here the beach is covered with small sand, and the beach there is all necessary infrastructure: sunbeds and parasol, urn, rescue towers, toilets and showers.
In high season lifeguards are on duty from 11:00 to 17:30 hours. The cost of renting 2 sunbeds and one sun umbrella is 7.50 Euros, and an additional umbrella - 2.50.
In the water are rare, but large boulders near shore breakwaters constructed of stones that protect from big waves.
Toilets and showers are located just above the level of the coastal strip. There is also a small shop with drinks and snacks, with outdoor tables.
Near the beach is a 3 star Corallia Beach Hotel Apartments. This hotel is very popular with holidaymakers. The property has a garden with direct access to the beach.
Outside the hotel on the right side, if you stand with your back to the sea, there is Parking and a bus stop that brings buses from the centre of Paphos.
The Northern end of the beach Laourou
From this side into the sea goes something like plum or narrow river
On the North side the beach is framed by a small stone ledge (Cape), which offers panoramic views of the entire beach Laourou and part of the coast.
Behind the stone ledge is a small cove
And the Bay, serving sea wild part of the coast, where mostly locals come for picnics.
Infrastructure close to the beach Laourou
Above the line of beach street Sea Caves Ave, lined with private homes. The tourist infrastructure is missing.
Corellia in front of the hotel there is a bus stop where, from April to October there is a free transport to the Paphos zoo (Pafos Zoo). Also stop with free buses to the zoo is situated near Сoral Bay beach, opposite the hotel Ascos and hotel Crown Resorts Horizon Hotel.
Street Sea Caves Ave blends in with the street Coral Bay Ave, where the infrastructure becomes more developed
Starting from about the hotel Crown Resorts Horizon Hotel , and to ring in the southern part of the street Coral Bay Ave is the most developed tourist part Сoral Bay. It was here, along the streets, cafés and restaurants, shops and souvenir shops, tour agencies and other places of leisure. More photos of the street of Сoral Bay Ave can be found in the article about the Сoral Bay beach.
Where to stay near the beach Laourou
- The 4-star Panareti Coral Bay Resort with outdoor and indoor pools and hot tubs, gym and sauna.
- fully equipped Villa Corallia Beach Villas No2 with a private pool, a garden and barbecue facilities.
- Daniella Villa with private pool, air conditioning, a balcony and a patio. It consists of 3 bedrooms and a fully equipped kitchen with a dining area.
- Corallene Villa with a garden, an outdoor swimming pool and terrace as well as barbecue facilities and free Wi-Fi. Features 3 bedrooms, a kitchen with a dishwasher, a bathroom, a flat-screen satellite TV and a DVD player.
- Villa Niki year-round outdoor pool, BBQ facilities and free Wi-Fi. This Villa features a TV with cable channels, an equipped kitchen with a dishwasher and a bathroom with shower.
- 101 Coralbay apartments with air conditioning, a terrace and free Wi-Fi. The apartment has 3 bedrooms, a flat-screen satellite TV, a dining area, a kitchen with a dishwasher, a living room and a bathroom with a bathtub.
- Kotsias Villas with private pools, green gardens and a barbecue.
- Villa Margarita with private pool, barbecue, air conditioning, a patio and free Wi-Fi. The Villa has 3 bedrooms, a flat-screen cable TV, an equipped kitchen with a dishwasher and oven, and a bathroom with a Spa bath.
All accommodation facilities in Coral Bay, you can view and book here.
How to get to Coral Bay
From Paphos centre
From the bus station, the Harbor (Harbour Main Bus Station), located in the centre of Kato Paphos, near the harbour, Paphos castle and the seafront, Сoral Bay run public bus number 615.
The final stop of the bus is, as said earlier, near the Central part of the beach Laourou from the eponymous hotel Corallia Beach Hotel Apartments.
Schedule depending on the season:
- from June to August (Monday - Sunday): 6:25, 6:30, 7:30, 8:00 - 11:50 (every 10 minutes), 12:05, 12:20, 12:30, 12:40, 12:55, 13:10 - 16:20 (every 10 minutes) 16:35 - 17:20 (every 15 minutes), 17: 40;
- from June to August (Monday - Sunday): 7:00, 7:25, 8:05, 8:35, 8:45, 8:55, 9:05, 9:20 - 12 : 40 (every 10 minutes), 12:55, 13:10, 13:20, 13:30, 13:45, 14:00 - 17:00 (every 10 minutes), 17: 15,17: 30, 17 : 45, 18:00, 18:20.
- from December to March (Monday to Sunday): from Paphos: 18: 00-23: 15 (every 35 minutes) from Coral Bay: 18: 35-23: 50 (every 35 minutes).
The fare is € 1.50. After 21:00 cost night ticket is € 2.50. Luggage and tax included in the ticket price.
Free travel for children up to 6 years.
50% discount: holders of European youth card; children up to 12 years; students 13 to 18 years, presenting an identity card or identity card of the student; the owners of social maps of Cyprus.
The payment is made to the driver upon entering the bus. Please make the payment with coins or denominations of 5, 10 and 20 Euros.
- a year is € 400,00.
Card of the day is available from the bus drivers, all other types of tickets are available at the information offices of the bus stations.
The route movement of the bus 615: Harbour (main station), Ap. Pavlou Av., Tombs of the kings Av., Chlorakas to Kissonerga Coastal Road, Coral Bay Av., Coral bay.
The scheme of route 615 bus on the map
From Paphos airport to Coral Bay
Direct public transportation from Paphos airport to Coral Bay no. Will have to go with transfers via the centre of Paphos. How to get from Paphos airport to Paphos town centre and on the contrary, we told you earlier, if necessary, to review the information here.
To get from Paphos airport to Coral Bay and Paphos centre and other cities and resorts of Cyprus, more convenient and faster than a taxi. Book a taxi/Shuttle service is possible in advance, even from home. At any time of the day, at the airport, you will meet your driver with a sign, which will be written your name and surname. For taxi is enough to tell us your flight details! Find out the cost and order a taxi here...
From Polis Coral Bay
From Polis to Coral Bay Shuttle bus No. 648.
- from coral Bay to Polis: 10:00, 12:00, 15:00.
The route movement of the bus 648: Coral Bay (Corallia Beach), Peyia, Kathikas, Arodes, Inia, Droushia, Polis Chrysochous.
The scheme of the route 648 bus on the map
By car from Paphos
On the road E701 (or can be Е706 and go for E701), further, on the ring, turn left onto Coral Bay Ave and near the hotel Corallia you can turn right for Parking or Park in one of the Parking lots located directly along the road. Car hire in Cyprus...