Geroskipou or Yeroskipou is a small coastal town located in the neighborhood of Paphos, in the South-East of the latter. It is the second largest municipality in the Paphos area, the people, often considered the resort area of Paphos.
At present, Geroskipou is a very popular tourist destination and is known primarily for the production of Turkish delight.
According to Greek mythology Geroskipou was a place sacred gardens of the goddess Aphrodite. Hence the name of the city - "yeros" means Holy and "kipou" a garden together means "sacred garden".
And currently, the coastal strip of Geroskipou still reminiscent of the gardens of Paradise, because most of the promenade (Coastal Broadwalk) runs along the Geroskipou hotels with direct access to the beaches and lined up along the sea almost next to each other. And, of course, hotels take care of the adjacent territory, for this reason, the waterfront of Geroskipou surrounded by flowers and greenery, making the coastal strip is very beautiful and attractive.
It is impossible to boast of Geroskipou's sights, there are practically none, so most tourists, whose choice fell on Geroskipou, come here first of all for the sake of a relaxed beach holiday. Your contribution makes a large selection of excellent hotels located on the first line and having a landscaped garden, direct access to the sea, pools and spas, restaurants and bars. And, perhaps, another advantage is the fact the lack along the lines of beaches and the close proximity of such a highway, the road is higher for hotels.
The Beaches Of Yeroskipou. Seaside and promenade Geroskipou
The beaches of Geroskipou stretched long, almost a single lane for 3 miles along the sea. From the North-West side the beaches of Geroskipou border the beaches of Paphos.
The coast of Yeroskipou mixed, the sand in peremeshku with pebbles and rocky ledges, from which coast Yeroskipou not all are happy. But sea water is clean and clear. Beaches are cleaned regularly, also on the beaches are algae.
In the high tourist season on the beaches there is all necessary infrastructure: sunbeds and umbrellas, toilets and showers, rubbish bins and changing rooms, rescue towers. Lifeguards with lifesaving equipment and first aid are on the beaches from April 15 to October 31, from 11:00 to 17:30 hours.
Close to beaches, allocated space for water activities, there are also a couple of places for beach games.
All the beaches of Geroskipou, as the other beaches of Paphos, is a public, embankments, too, - walk yourself and enjoy. In the hotel's café near the beach you can sit, you can also rent sun loungers and parasols.
Pachyammos beach or Pachiammos Beach - there are two Pachyammos beach: Pachyammos and Pachyammos 2, together forming a single beach.
Pachyammos beach is part of Tops the best beaches in Paphos and has been awarded the "Blue flag" - a sign of purity and quality of the beach and sea water.
Along the beach runs the track, she's seafront promenade, in the gentrified areas of the hotels.
Further, the coastal strip gives way to a wild coastline interspersed with beaches, near which also is a hotel.
Almost at the very end of the promenade Geroskipou, the Mediterranean sea, is one of the attractions of Geroskipou - the small Church of St Nicholas (St Nicholas Church Paphos).
Behind the Church of the wild coast and again a hotel with beach access
The Geroskipou beach and Riccos
The beach of Yeroskipou (Geroskipou Municipal Beach), smoothly flowing in the Riccos beach, together forming a single beach (also known as the Atlantida Beach) - sand and pebbly municipal beach, located in the South-Eastern part of Geroskipou.
Service on the beach: toilets, showers, changing rooms, sun loungers, umbrellas, trash cans, cafe-bars, water and beach sports, there is a small Playground and a Parking lot.
The beach has been awarded the "Blue flag".
Sights and activities in Geroskipou
- folk art Museum located in a 19th century stone building, formerly belonging to the British Consulate.
- Kouklia, where, in Paleo Paphos is the famous temple of Aphrodite.
- Pafos Luna Park.
One of the busiest tourist streets Geroskipou is a street Poseidonos Avenue, along which lined cafes and restaurants, shops and stalls with Souvenirs, sweets and other goods.
Hotels in Geroskipou. Where to stay in Geroskipou
- 5-star Constantinou Bros Asimina Suites Hotel. It features 2 outdoor freshwater pool, indoor heated pool, tennis court, Spa, gym and hairdresser. Most rooms have a separate Seating area with satellite TV, DVD player and Minibar. All rooms have a balcony and some feature a private pool with wooden decks.
- 4-star Sentido Cypria Bay by Leonardo Hotels. It offers a restaurant and a Spa pool. It offers rooms with a furnished balcony and air conditioning, the Windows of which overlook the Mediterranean sea or the mountains. In-room amenities include a mini-fridge and a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. In the morning the hotel serves a traditional Cyprus Breakfast.
- 4-star Leonardo Plaza Cypria Maris Beach Hotel & Spa adults only guests. It offers a large pool, 4 restaurants, a Spa centre and 2 tennis courts. This Spa hotel is surrounded by a garden with an area of 6 000 sq. m. Rooms have a private balcony overlooking the sea or the mountains.
- 4-star Constantinou Bros Athena Royal Beach Hotel with three pools, 2 hot tubs and a tennis court. It offers spacious, well-equipped rooms with balconies and satellite TV. Some rooms offer views of the Mediterranean sea.
- 4-star Constantinou Bros Athena Beach Hotel with a Spa, 2 saunas, 2 steam baths, a gym, a tennis court, an outdoor and a cool bowling alley, children's club, swimming pool, mini Golf, and a Barber shop. The rooms are equipped with air conditioning, LCD TV with satellite channels, a safe and tea/coffee. Bathrobes are provided. The spacious balconies overlooking the Mediterranean sea or the hotel's tranquil gardens.
- 3-star family-run apartments Pandream Hotel Apartments with swimming pool. Air-conditioned apartment has an open plan or separate bedroom. Featuring a kitchenette and a Seating area with a TV. Some apartments have a private balcony or terrace.
More hotels and apartments in Geroskipou, you can view and book here.
How to get to Geroskipou
From Paphos airport
To get from Paphos airport to Geroskipou and other cities and resorts of Cyprus, more convenient and faster than a taxi. Book a taxi/Shuttle service is possible in advance, even from home. At any time of the day, at the airport, you will meet your driver with a sign, which will be written your name and surname. For taxi is enough to tell us your flight details! To know the cost of taxi ride here...
If you are planning to travel to Cyprus, then the ideal option would be to rent a car. To choose and order a car in advance, at the appointed time, your car will be waiting for you outside the airport. The rental price starts from 20 Euros per day. To see and pick up the car here...
- bus No. 613 passing on the street Makariou III Ave, far enough away from the beach of Yeroskipou. Also on the street Makariou III Ave passing the bus number 649 linking Paphos airport with Polis.
From Paphos centre
- and, the main Karavella Bus Station, located in the heart of the upper town, 3.5 km from the coast.
- passing: No. 631 Kato Paphos - Aphrodite's Rock and Aphrodite's beach (passing on Poseidonos Avenue).
Buses from the Karavella Bus Station, passing the bus No. 601 Caravella - Mandria. Should be on the street Makariou III Ave.