Coral Bay is one of the most popular tourist resorts of the Western coast of Cyprus.
Coral Bay is located in the south-western part of the municipality of Peyia, a part of it. Peyia (or Pegeia) located mainly on the steep slopes of the coastal hills at the southern end of the Akamas Peninsula in the Paphos region. Among the residents of Peyia are many expats from the UK.
The tourist area of Peyia is Coral Bay, set on the shores of the Mediterranean sea and consists of two beaches awarded Blue flag and seaside tourist area.
The beaches of Coral Bay
Lifeguards with lifesaving equipment and first aid are on the beaches from April 15 to October 31, from 11:00 to 17:30 hours. The above beach bars equipped with Parking for cars.
The main Coral Bay beach has the same name -
The Coral Bay Beach
The beach of Coral Bay (Coral Bay Beach) is considered one of the best beaches of the surrounding area of Paphos. Also included in the Tops of the best beaches on the West coast of Cyprus for a holiday with children.
The most well-maintained part of the beach has a length of about 600 metres away, while the bathing of the coast to coral Bay is 1 kilometer. The beach is predominantly sand, fine and pleasant to the touch, set in shallow sea.
The beach has the shape of a Crescent, flanked by limestone headlands, making the beach more picturesque, and the sea water in the Bay is calm and good for swimming.
In the high beach season on the Coral Bay beach there is all necessary infrastructure: sunbeds and umbrellas, changing rooms and rescue towers, toilets and showers, rubbish bins, and wooden decks for ease of movement, reserved area for water sports. Read more about Coral Bay beach...
Second, but no less attractive, Coral Bay beach -
Beach Laourou Beach, also known as the beach Corallia is located North along the coast from the Coral Bay beach. These two beaches are separated a small limestone promontory on which there are a couple of hotels and one of the attractions of Coral Bay is the museum of the Mycenaean Colonization of Cyprus Maa - Palaiokastro.
On the beach Laourou mostly fine and pleasant to touch the sand. Its color is from yellow to gray. The beach is cleaned regularly. However on the beach you can see the natural debris (algae) and found small household (cigarette butts, bottle caps).
Sunset in the sea is sandy and shallow, depth does not occur immediately, making this beach a good place to stay with young children.
On the beach also present all the necessary infrastructure. There is a restaurant, café and shop, the pier and the Agency of water sports. Read more about the beach Laourou...
Other beaches and coastline of Coral Bay
In a more extensive area of Coral Bay is another beach called Potima Bay or Kissonerga (Community or Beach of Kissonerga Potima), located South of Coral Bay beach and bordering the village of Kissonerga. However, this beach is not as popular among tourists. The outdoor beach, so the beach is often waves.
Beach pebbles mixed with sand. The beach is equipped only in some places, at the beginning of the beach there are sun loungers and parasols, Playground, locker rooms, showers and toilet.
The rest of the coast, to the North and to the South of Coral Bay is characterized mainly by rocky headlands and sea caves.
The main tourist street of Coral Bay
The most developed tourist part of Coral Bay is located near the eponymous street Coral Bay Ave, starting from about the Crown Resorts Horizon Hotel , and to ring in the southern part of the street. It was here, along the streets, cafés and restaurants, shops and souvenir shops, tour agencies and other places of leisure. There is also a small amusement Ithaki Amusement park and MiniGolf, and near - karting centre (Coral Bay Karting).
Attractions of Peyia
- Avakas Gorge, located in the Northern tip of Peyia. Avakas is not just a natural attraction but also a place for active Hiking. The height of the cliffs in the Avakas canyon is about 30 meters. The length is available walking route is around 3 kilometres and suitable for families with grown up children.
The zoo in Peyia
Zoo Paphos (Pafos Zoo) - the bird & animal Park, located in the Northern part of Peyia.
The zoo is open daily: from December to March - 09:00 to 17:00 PM; from April to July and from September to October - 09:00 to 18:00; in August - from 09:00 to 19:00.
Entrance fees: adult - € 16,50; children from 2 to 12 years € 8,50.
How to get to the zoo:
From April to October, a free Shuttle service with stops in front of the hotel Corallia; close to Coral Bay beach - hotel Ascos and near the hotel Crown Resorts Horizon Hotel.
Timetable free Shuttle service to the zoo
Can also be reached by public bus No. 616, which stops near the zoo. The bus starts from the beach Corallia, passing on the street, Coral Bay Ave, near the Coral Bay beach, then rises to the centre of Peyia village, then passing by close to zoo and the last stop - near the Church of Agios Georgios.
Route bus 616: Coral Bay (Corallia Beach), Coral Bay Avenue, Michalaki Kyprianou, Pegeia Square, Zalatzion, Kaminion, Panagias Zalatziotissas, Akamantos, Agios Georgios Pegeias Avenue, Agios Georgios Church Square.
- from Agios Georgios: 09.00, 10.00, 11.00, 12.00, 14.00, 15.00, 16.00, 17.00.
- from Agios Georgios: 20.00, 21.00, 22.00, 23.00.
The scheme of the route 616 bus on the map
Attention! The timetable of the free Shuttle and the bus, and entrance fees to the zoo are subject to change, please check before visiting.
In the area of Coral Bay
Of course, it is primarily Paphos. After all, the historic centre of Paphos is rich in attractions. The bulk of the attractions are concentrated in the Paphos district, Kato Paphos, near the Harbour and the main beaches, and is a valuable monument of history and architecture, most of which are world heritage sites of UNESCO. Learn more about the attractions of Paphos...
Lara beach is located North along the coast from Coral Bay.
Although this beach is quite remote and rarely visited, but here you can enjoy the natural wealth and privacy. On the beach Ogorodny where sea turtles lay their eggs, for the same reason, this beach is often called "Turtle beach".
Polis and its surroundings
North of Paphos is the little town of Polis. Maybe he's not so popular among tourists, but the sea waters surrounding the coast of Polis and the surrounding area, considered among the cleanest in the district of Paphos.
The most interesting and popular place in the area of Polis is a beach resort, a fishing and holiday village - Latsi. Latsi is famous for its fish taverns, the picturesque coast and the Latsi beach and the Marina.
To get to Polis from Coral Bay is on the direct bus No. 648.
The Akamas Nature Reserve
The nature reserve of the Akamas Peninsula - natural landmark of the Paphos district, located closer to the Polis - is westernmost point of Cyprus.
Remarkable Akamas Peninsula for its natural beauty.
- Hiking routes in the reserve, among which the most famous are the Aphrodite trail and Adonis trail.
Baths of Adonis
Baths of Adonis (Adonis Baths), is located 4 kilometres from the centre of the village of Koili and 8 kilometres from Coral Bay. Data bathing are also related to the Cyprus legends and beliefs. Baths represent a natural pool. The entrance fees.
Saint Neophytos Monastery
Saint Neophytos monastery - stavropegic monastery of the Orthodox Church of Cyprus, located at an altitude of 412 meters above sea level, near the village of Tala and within 10-12 kilometers from Coral Bay.
The monastery was founded in the XII century by the monk Neophytos the Recluse. Currently, the monastery is quite a lively place, attracting, both pilgrims and tourists. The feast of St. Paul is celebrated on 28 September, the monastery acquires special popularity.
Rock of Aphrodite (Petra tou Romiou)
Rock of Aphrodite or Aphrodite's rock - a legendary rock, one of the main and most visited attractions of the West coast of Cyprus.
Aphrodite's rock is located South along the coast from Paphos centre.
With the rock of Aphrodite is rich in legends, the essence of which boils down to one thing - this stone is the birth place of the beautiful maiden emerging from the sea foam goddess of beauty and love Aphrodite.
Near Aphrodite's rock is the eponymous beach Aphrodite. The pebbly beach of Aphrodite and has the shape of a small Bay. The sea in this area, usually with strong waves, so that local warn tourists to bathe in it. But all the warnings are useless, well, how not to dip a curious tourist, after all, according to legend, the waters of the Bay of Aphrodite have a powerful energy of life and rejuvenation. Read more about cliff and the beach of Aphrodite...
Kouklia is a small village with a rich history, located 32 kilometres from Coral Bay, to the South along the coast.
In ancient times it was the center of the island, called Paleo Paphos (Old Paphos). At present, the area of the village of Kouklia is a Museum under the open sky, whose main attraction is the ruins of the temple of Aphrodite.
Rock of Aphrodite is also located in Kouklia, so you can combine a visit to Aphrodite's rock and the historic centre of Kouklia.
Hotels Coral Bay
1. On the North side of beach Coral Bay, on the Cape, is a 5-star hotel Sentido Thalassa Coral Bay, which features indoor and outdoor swimming pools, rooms with sea views, a tennis court, a Spa and a sauna. The hotel has direct access to the beach, backed by a staircase running along the slope of the Cape.
2. From the South-East side of the beach Laourou is a 5-star Coral Beach Hotel & Resort Cyprus with direct beach access and a landscaped area, through which passes a small embankment.
3. 3 star Corallia Beach Hotel Apartments located in the center of the beach Laourou. This hotel is very popular with holidaymakers. The property has a garden with direct access to the beach.
4. Hotels, villas and apartments close to the beach Potima
- 4-star Ascos Coral Beach Hotel. It features a lagoon-style pool surrounded by tall palm trees, a restaurant, a poolside bar, and a Spa area with an indoor pool and a fitness room. Rooms with air conditioning, a balcony and a private bathroom with a shower and a Hairdryer. Includes area for outdoor Seating and a safe.
Room of choice with Breakfast included, Breakfast + dinner Breakfast +lunch + dinner or all inclusive.
- 4-star hotel Aqua Sol Water Park Resort with 2 outdoor swimming pools, a seasonal water Park with 6 water slides. Hotel animation programmes and folkloric shows as well as disco, theme nights and a Cypriot night.
The hotel works on system "all inclusive". Rooms include studios and apartments.
- Villa Ana with sea views and mountain views, an outdoor pool and barbecue facilities. The Villa features a bathroom with a bathtub, a dining area and a kitchen with a dishwasher. Guests can relax on the terrace or in the garden.
- Holiday home Askou with a balcony and a coffee machine. Villa with three bedrooms has a TV with satellite channels, a well-equipped kitchen with a dishwasher and oven, and a bathroom with bath and shower.
- apartment 13 Coral Bay features a seasonal outdoor pool, air conditioning and free Wi-Fi. The apartment features 1 bedroom, a kitchen with dishwasher, bathroom with bathtub and washing machine and a flat-screen satellite TV.
- apartments Tatiana Coral Bay Suite, which is part of a complex with communal pool, restaurant, tennis court and garden. The Windows offer views of the Mediterranean sea.
It offers a furnished patio, air conditioning and 2 separate bedrooms. Among other amenities: free Wi-Fi, a living room, a kitchen with a stove and a dishwasher, a washing machine and an iron.
All accommodation facilities in Coral Bay, you can view and book here.
How to get to Coral Bay
From the nearest airport
The closest large town to Coral Bay and Peyia - Paphos.
In Paphos is Paphos International Airport. The distance from the airport to Coral Bay is 23 to 27 kilometers. Cheap flights to Paphos...
To get from Paphos airport to Coral Bay and the centre of Peyia village and other cities and resorts of Cyprus, more convenient and faster than a taxi. Book a taxi/Shuttle service is possible in advance, even from home. At any time of the day, at the airport, you will meet your driver with a sign, which will be written your name and surname. For taxi is enough to tell us your flight details! Find out the cost and order a taxi here...
If you are planning to travel to Cyprus, then the ideal option would be to rent a car. To choose and order a car in advance, at the appointed time, your car will be waiting for you outside the airport. The rental price starts from 20 Euros per day. To see and pick up the car here...
From the centre of Paphos to Coral Bay
From Paphos city centre to Coral Bay can be reached by taxi or public buses.
How to get from Paphos airport to Paphos town centre, you can learn here.
Buses from Paphos city centre to Coral Bay
From the bus station Harbour (Harbour Main Bus Station), located in the centre of Kato Paphos, near the harbour, Paphos castle and the seafront, Coral Bay run public bus number 615.
Schedule depending on the season:
- from June to August (Monday - Sunday): 6:25, 6:30, 7:30, 8:00 - 11:50 (every 10 minutes), 12:05, 12:20, 12:30, 12:40, 12:55, 13:10 - 16:20 (every 10 minutes) 16:35 - 17:20 (every 15 minutes), 17: 40;
- from June to August (Monday - Sunday): 7:00, 7:25, 8:05, 8:35, 8:45, 8:55, 9:05, 9:20 - 12 : 40 (every 10 minutes), 12:55, 13:10, 13:20, 13:30, 13:45, 14:00 - 17:00 (every 10 minutes), 17: 15,17: 30, 17 : 45, 18:00, 18:20.
- from December to March (Monday to Sunday): from Paphos: 18: 00-23: 15 (every 35 minutes) from Coral Bay: 18: 35-23: 50 (every 35 minutes).
The fare is € 1.50. After 21:00 cost night ticket is € 2.50. Luggage and tax included in the ticket price. Free travel for children up to 6 years.
The route movement of the bus 615: Harbour (main station), Ap. Pavlou Av., Tombs of the kings Av., Chloraka to Kissonerga Coastal Road, Coral Bay Av., Coral bay.
The scheme of route 615 bus on the map
From Karavella bus station, located in the top center of Paphos is 3.5 kilometers from the coast buses № 607 (Karavella - Coral Bay - Akoursos).
This route connects the bus station Caravel and Akoursos, where, at a distance of several kilometers from a stop is the bath Adonis.
The beaches of Coral Bay, the bus arrives and passes in close proximity to Coral Bay. The closest stop to the street Coral Bay Avenue is located on the street Agiou Georgiou, Peyia, Cyprus before reaching the rings, the name of the stop "Kissonergas 7 Avenue".
- Saturday: 07:20, 11:20, 13:30, 16:20.
- Saturday: 08:10, 12:00, 14:20, 17:00.
The bus route 607: Karavella (Main Station), P.Miltiadous (Municipal Market), Fellachoglou, Ν. Ellina, Akamantidos, Archiepiskopou Makariou (Chloraka), Eleftherias, L.Papacosta, Lemba village, Chr. Kelli (Kissonerga), coastal road of Kissonerga-Pegeia, Μ. Κyprianou, Pegeia Square (Akoursos).
The scheme of the route 607 bus on the map
From Polis in Coral Bay
From Polis to Coral Bay Shuttle bus No. 648.
- from Coral Bay to Polis: 10:00, 12:00, 15:00.
The route movement of the bus 648: Coral Bay (Corallia Beach), Peyia, Kathikas, Arodes, Inia, Droushia, Polis Chrysochous.
The scheme of the route 648 bus on the map